Drivers Education Spring 2019
- Driver’s Ed requires perfect attendance for 9 classes. The classes will be a total of 30 hours. If for any reason a student cannot attend a class, please notify Archbishop Shaw before the class begins for a full refund. In the event that a student has to miss a class without the opportunity to withdraw, the student will receive credit for the attended classes; however, he/she will have to make-up the class at a later date when the next Driver’s Ed course is offered.
- Each student will be required to receive eight hours of behind-the-wheel driving lessons. These lessons are scheduled by appointment at a time convenient for the student and instructor.
- The 30 hours of class time required by law is rigorous with classroom activity and testing. No electronic communication devices will be allowed for use during classroom and testing times. Students will be allowed one break per three hours of class time. Students may walk outside to use their phones at the assigned break time.
- Cheating is strictly prohibited. Any student found cheating will be immediately dismissed from the class and unable to return.
- To successfully complete Driver’s Ed, the student will be required to score 80% or better on tests and the final during the classroom portion. After the driving portion is completed, the student will be required to score 70% or better driving a state certified Road Skills Test.
- Additional Charges: $50/hr extra driving lessons.
- “Any grievance(s) not resolved by the school may be forwarded to the Department of Public Safety and Corrections, Public Safety Services, Office of Motor Vehicles, Attn.: Training and Certification Unit, P.O. Box 64886, Baton Rouge, LA, 70896-4886.”
- Alternative testing techniques are available for those with visual, hearing, and speech disabilities.
Click Here to Download the Registration Form