When a young man completes his years at Archbishop Shaw High School, he possesses the marketable skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in the 21st century. The Archbishop Shaw graduate exemplifies a well-developed, self-disciplined mind, body, and spirit.
- He is capable of problem-solving critically and analytically allowing him to express his beliefs clearly and confidently
- He demonstrates appropriate etiquette and social skills, particularly within a cross-cultural, cross-gender, and/or cross-generational context.
- He works diligently and embraces a challenge, understanding that a solid work ethic is key to success
- He recognizes the value in continuous learning in order to remain intellectually competent
- He understands the value of technology in a global economy and uses it proficiently and responsibly
- He has mastered the academic subjects required for college admissions or some other form of post-secondary education
- He presents a professional appearance and demeanor
- He exhibits a healthy, balanced lifestyle
- He demonstrates good sportsmanship and teamwork
- He strives always to be a productive and compassionate person of God, dedicated to service to the community.
- He makes faith-based, moral decisions
- He participates in the sacramental life of the church and has the foundation for ongoing growth in the faith
- He is a responsible citizen who stands for peace and justice, embraces diversity, and shares the Gospel values with others
- He embodies the Salesian values of reason, religion, and loving kindness.
- He carries with him the pride of being an eagle as he becomes a member of the Shaw Alumni
As a result, an Archbishop Shaw graduate is prepared for life.