Archbishop Shaw High School
1000 Salesian Lane
Marrero, LA 70072-3052
Office: (504) 340-6727
Fax: (504) 347-9883
Facilities for Spiritual, Academic, Social, and Physical Development
Archbishop Shaw High School is located on a 72-acre plot of land adjacent to Hope Haven. Academic facilities are housed in five buildings. A facility that includes a cafeteria, a bookstore, and finance offices were dedicated on January 31, 1984, the Feast of St. John Bosco. The athletic complex is comprised of a two-story gymnasium, a football stadium, a baseball stadium, a swimming pool, a football practice field, and a soccer field.
An additional parcel of land, approximately 7.5 acres, fronting Barataria Boulevard, was acquired from the Archdiocese of New Orleans in the fall of 1995. A new main entrance to the campus was built and future growth and development of the campus will be oriented toward Barataria Boulevard.
Construction of a 20-classroom building was completed for the opening of the 2004-2005 school year. The physical plant of the school, like its curriculum, is designed with the needs of the students and the growth of the local community in mind. Archbishop Shaw High School offers its students an environment that is conducive to their spiritual, academic, social, and physical development.